Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No Trespassing

Neither give place to the devil.

place: any portion or space marked off, as it were from surrounding space 1a) an inhabited place, as a city, village, district 1b) a place (passage) in a book 2) metaph. 2a) the condition or station held by one in any company or assembly 2b) opportunity, power, occasion for acting


Now it is not anything new to me that a place can be a passage in a book. And the old saying that "I may be the only Bible some will ever read", is not new either. But the idea of my life providing a passage for the devil to read is something I haven't entertained before.

With that in mind, I want my life to be a passage of godliness and truth. Then he will not try to read me "all in one sitting". His attacks will be intermittent like one starting to read the same book over and over again. I don't want anything carnal to become a bookmark for him to use.


As long as my pages are bound by the Holy Spirit I can not be ripped asunder. While I am kept in the cover of the blood of Jesus, nothing can by any means harm me. When I fill the margins with prayers I leave no room for the devil's input. My life can not be stolen, for I am in God's personal library.

Join me Wednesday @ Beneath the Ivy Wreath for more insights on this verse.

No comments:

Welcomed Guests

Over 500 to sample. Enjoy.