Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Getting Started

For the purpose of this study as well as most found on this site; I have used the following reference material: The Bible- various translations, Strong's Concordance, Nave's Topical Dictionary, and The Expositors Bible Commentary by Zondervan.

I am neither a prophet or theologian. I hold no ministerial degrees or credentials. I am however called by God to be both student and teacher of His Word. I believe the Word of God can be understood by those who have an earnest desire to understand and a willingness to spend time in prayer and Bible study. The material presented on this site is not meant to be considered as exhaustive by any means. Rather it is my intent to give basic exposition of the scriptures and whet the reader's appetite for more of the Word of God.

And unto the church.......

The message of Revelation is relevant to today. "Blessings to those who read, hear, and keep the words of this prophecy, for the time is at hand." Rev.1:3 and Rev. 22:7

The message given to each of the 7 churches of Asia was not for that church alone, it was for "He who hath an ear, let him hear....."

The promises of good things are made to the ones who triumph over the failures and sins attributed to each church. "To him who overcomes...."

The faults of 5 of the churches are mentioned as things that God holds against them. The remaining 2 churches had faults as well, although they are a bit less obvious in the text. Scripture also reveals the penalties for the sinful acts and negligence of each church.

Christ's introduction to each church reveals certain characteristics of His power to deliver both the penalties and promises to each one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward toward your posts.I am sure you will show us some of the revelations that are in the book of Revelation.

SLW said...

"I am neither a prophet or theologian. I hold no ministerial degrees or credentials. I am however called by God to be both student and teacher of His Word. I believe the Word of God can be understood by those who have an earnest desire to understand and a willingness to spend time in prayer and Bible study"
You are right! Keep prayerfully studying! God bless.

Welcomed Guests

Over 500 to sample. Enjoy.