Friday, May 30, 2008

One Man's Treasure.....

In this week's Friday Five, Songbird asks:

1) Are you a garage saler? I like to stop at one now and then. By the time I get around to it, the choices are pretty slim. I'm not an early riser.

2) If so, are you an immediate buyer or a risk taker who comes back later when prices are lower? If I see something that I like or think I have a use for, then I just buy it right away. Chances are that I won't get back to the sale.

3) Seriously, if you're not a garage saler, you are probably not going to want to play this one.(That wasn't really #3.)3) This is the real #3: What's the best treasure you've found at a yard or garage sale? Even though it wasn't for myself, it was the best deal ever for my nephew. We bought a toy gun that shoots foam balls. Retail about $20.00. Our price, $1.00. But that's not all. The lady gave us the 20 balls, a target, and a bag to hold it all.....at no extra cost.

4)If you've done one yourself, at church or at home, was it worth the effort? I have helped my church on a couple of occasions. Yes, it was well worth the effort. Everyone got rid of the stuff that had been cluttering their homes/yards and we made a good sum of money in just a few short hours.

5) Can you bring yourself to haggle? Oh yeah! What is the worst that can happen? The seller can say, "no deal". Most of the time stuff is priced too high anyway.

1 comment:

Songbird said...

That lady was really ready to say goodbye to the toy gun, wasn't she?

Welcomed Guests

Get your coffee and click button below

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Over 500 to sample. Enjoy.