Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday 5 - Freecycle

RevGals Friday Five brought today by Sally. "Making the most of our resources is important, I have been challenged this week by the amount of stuff we accumulate, I'd love to live a simpler lifestyle, it would be good for me, and for the environment I think..."
With that in mind I bring you this Friday 5;

1. Are you a hoarder or a minimalist? I tend to hoard stuff, but it most always something that I know will be useful to me in the future. I have boxes of old knobs, cables, adapters, nails, screws, hinges, picture frames, and lots of other project material.

2. Name one important object ( could be an heirloom) that you will never part with. My father's old Colt 22 pistol. It in poor condition but I think from time to time of having it mounted or put in a display case.

3. What is the oldest item in your closet? Does it still fit??? A forest green corduroy jacket. It is worn in places, but it is sooooo comfortable. Yes, it still fits.

4.Yard sales- love 'em or hate 'em ? I love the ones that have gadgets or tools for sale. I hate the ones that are just clothes.

5. Name a recycling habit you really want to get into. When I have items that are still good but need some repair, I want to fix them immediately. Alternately, I want to find someone to repair them so I can give them to someone in need.

And for a bonus- well anything you want to add.... No need to let magazines clutter your place. When you are finished reading them take them to your local hospital. Our volunteers are always grateful for "new" material to distribute in the waiting rooms.

5 comments:

C. H. Green said...

This is so you! And I wouldn't trade you for any other sis in the world...I've been the recipient of some of your projects!

Jan said...

I so need to remember to take old magazines to hospitals--instead of dumping them in the recycling pile. Thank you for reminding me!

NaNcY said...

fun questions...who came up with them?

Julie's Jewels said...

This was interesting to read. I love reading these things because we get to learn more about the person answering the questions. Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better.

BTW....I save extra screws, washers, nails, nuts and bolts, etc that tend to be left over from putting something together. Or if there are things associated with it when I throw it out I keep it for later use. Even old blouses or shirts that have buttons on them. If it is so worn that it isn't worth keeping anymore...I take the buttons off so I can use on something else later. I can't see throwing away something that I know I'll be able to use again later.

Sista Cala said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by. The questions came from Sally over at RevGals; the link is in the post.

Julie, I am glad that I'm not the only one that winds up w/leftover pieces.

Welcomed Guests

Get your coffee and click button below

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Over 500 to sample. Enjoy.